- This event has passed.
Mayoral Candidate Forum
March 21 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Join the School District of Philadelphia Board of Education for an evening with the mayoral candidates at the Mayoral Candidate Forum!
More details can be found below.
- All candidates running for Mayor of Philadelphia have been invited to participate in the forum.
- The Board will soon be sharing the moderators who will facilitate the conversation amongst Mayoral candidates.
- The Board’s Student Board Representative will also assist in the facilitation of questions submitted by students for the candidates.
- All members of Philadelphia’s school communities (students, families, staff, and community members) are invited to RSVP and attend the forum.
- This forum is a nonpartisan educational effort by the Board and School District to make the public aware of each candidate’s views about education in Philadelphia.
- The event will center on elevating student voice.
- As such, the first portion of the event will be focused on questions submitted by students. This will include several students asking their submitted question live at the event.
- The second half of the event will feature a moderated discussion amongst candidates with questions submitted by students, families, District staff, and community members.
- The event will be held from 6:30p to 9:00p. The first 30 minutes will feature light refreshments with the facilitated discussion set to begin promptly at 7:00p.
- The forum will be held in the Skyline Room of the Parkway Central Library branch located at 1901 Vine Street. Seating will be limited and will be first come first served.
- The Skyline Room is located on the 4th floor of the library and is ADA accessible.
- In a nearby room, there will be childcare provided by the District’s Family and Community Engagement (FACE) office on a first come first served based. Please be sure to complete the RSVP form below to register for childcare.
Board of Education Members are not using School District property or resources to express a personal viewpoint or to endorse any candidate. The mayoral forum is a nonpartisan educational effort by the Board and School District to make the public aware of each candidate’s views about education in Philadelphia.