CREATING POSITIVE CHANGE — MAKING DEMOCRACY WORK
Join the League of Women Voters, a respected national grassroots organization, where individuals like you are actively engaged in creating positive change on the local, state, and national levels. Become a member and serve as a leader in your community, and work to shape the important issues that keep our communities strong.
- Acting as a force to create positive, lasting change in our communities
- Empowering millions of voters to protect their right to vote.
- Educating citizens and fostering dialogue on pertinent issues.
- Working to ensure that ALL votes are counted and ALL voices are heard.
- Preserving our constitutional rights.
- Working together to make democracy work!
We believe that sensible, responsible civil discourse and action based on substance rather than partisanship is essential for civic improvement. We believe that with leaders like you, we can make democracy work.
Membership is open to men and women 18 years or older. Membership in the League of Women Voters of Philadelphia includes membership in the LWV United States and LWV Pennsylvania. Dues are not tax-deductible.
The League of Women Voters of Philadelphia is an all-volunteer organization so your generous contribution will go 100% toward strengthening our democracy. When you join LWV Philadelphia, you automatically become a member of LWVUS and LWVPA. The League of Women Voters of Philadelphia only keeps a small portion of your basic dues. The rest goes to LWV-PA and LWV-US. If you join at our Sustaining level, all the extra dues stay with our local League and we will recognize your generosity in The Voter newsletter.